Oats And Sweet Potato Dog Biscuit RecipeLucy Connor 06 February 2019
Show your pooch some love this Valentine's Day (or any time of year!) with this healthy homemade dog biscuit recipe.
- 180g rolled oats or quick oats
- 100g cooked & peeled sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 - 3 tablespoons water (depending on the consistency of the mix!)
This dog biscuit recipe is easy to follow and will get your dog's tail wagging!
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
2. Pop the oats into a blender and blitz until they are course and flour-like.
3. Add the coconut oil and cooked sweet potato.
4. Blitz again until all ingredients are well combined.
5. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time. Blitz the mixture in between each addition, until it can be made into a dough with your fingers.
6. Knead the mixture into a ball and roll out to around 3 to 4 mm thick. (you may need to sprinkle some flour on a surface to stop the dough from sticking).
7. Use a cookie cutter to shape the biscuits. As it’s Valentine’s Day, you could go for a heart-shaped cutter!
8. Pop your biscuits onto a grease proofed baking tray and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
Store your biscuits in an airtight container and they’ll keep for around 2 months.
Like this recipe? Check out our other dog treat recipes here.