It’s the month of love, and for many of us, our true love is actually our four-legged furry friend. They provide us with unconditional love, are more loyal than many humans and you don’t have to share your chocolate with them… perfect!
So, if you plan on spending Valentine’s Day with your dog, here’s 5 simple ways to show your dog how much you love them?
1. Head to Megan’s restaurant for a doggy date night. With multiple locations across London its the best spot in the neighbourhood for delicious food and cosy atmosphere, plus we’ve partnered with this delightful dog friendly restaurant so each location is stocked with Pooch & Mutt treats, dog beds and water bowls, it’s the perfect place for an evening out with your dog.
2. Coffee date? If you have a friend with a pooch, why not meet up for a coffee and let your dogs do some socialising. This will not only allow you to catch up with a friend but provide your dog with some extra play time with another pooch.
3. Sofa snuggles. There’s nothing better than snuggling with your pooch, so cuddle up on the sofa, put a film on and relax together. With the world moving at 100 miles an hour, it’s nice to just switch off and spend some quality time with your dog.
4. New tricks? Spend some time teaching your dog a new trick, not only will this provide mental stimulation but will also help to strengthen the bond between you and your dog.
5. Chocolate is toxic to dogs, so while we may guzzle the bubbly and chow down on chocolate when February 14th rolls round, these aren’t indulgences that can be shared with our furry friend. Nevertheless, your four-legged valentine doesn’t have to miss out this year. The clever folks at Pooch & Mutt have created some limited edition dog-friendly Valentine’s treats that are not only delicious but also healthy.
These fun, heart-shaped treats can be given just as you’d give any dog treat. This may be as a little ‘dessert’ after a meal or during your training sessions. They are the perfect shape to use inside food puzzles such as at the bottom of a layered Kong. Their tempting smell also makes them perfect for scent work; meaning we can scatter them in the garden for our dog to enjoy finding.
As with all of the food at Pooch & Mutt, these treats are grain free and junk free. That means no artificial colours, flavourings or preservatives. They are brimming with natural ingredients and real, whole foods.
The Vitamin C in these treats may be heart protective, with research indicating that this vitamin can lower the risk of coronary heart disease in humans and even improve blood flow.
The Thyme can reduce oxidative stress and protect the heart. It may also help to prevent high blood pressure and lower heart rate.
Even the Probiotics (Lactobacillus acidophilus) in these yummy treats can help to support heart health. Probiotics have a range of benefits and have been found to counter cholesterol production and keep blood pressure from rising.
Collagen supplements are a vital ‘building block’ for our dog’s heart and arteries. On top of this, collagen promotes healthy, elastic skin and can even prevent joint disease.
These Love-ly treats mays soon become one of your dog’s favourites. Made with lamb and chicken, they have a meaty taste and smell and may just prove irresistible to your pooch. As these treats are highly digestible, your dog’s gut will thank you too.
So, why not show your dog you love them, by offering these healthy, tasty treats this Valentine’s day?