What to do with your Halloween PumpkinGuy Blaskey 28 October 2016
Make Spooky Halloween Dog Treats
Pooch & Mutt’s recipe for spooky Halloween treats with pumpkin and mint to keep your dog’s breath fresh.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
4 cups whole wheat flour
1 apple cored and grated
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- Beat the pumpkin puree and eggs until well combined, about 12 minutes.
- Gradually add 2 1/2 cups flour, beating just until incorporated. Add an additional 1 1/2 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky. Add apple, mint and parsley, beating just until incorporated.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to just under 1cm thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired spooky shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20 - 25 minutes.*
- Let cool completely
*Baking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the treats.
Watch the video: